Freitag, 20. März 2015

Nyepi Day and Me Time TAG

Today Indonesia celebrates the Nyepi Day, which originates from the Hindu traditions in Bali. Translated as the "Day of Silence" in English, it is celebrated as a holiday of self-refelection on the island. People do not work or travel, nor are using any form of entertainment and electricity, some even go as far as not eating and talking.
(c) baliaround.com
So in memory of this holiday (and also the fact, that I found out about it two years ago, when I was doing an internship at the General Consulate of Indonesia,) I thought it would be appropiate to do a tag in the sense of self-reflecting: the 'Me Time' TAG

It was created by the lovely ladies Esteé and Amelia on their respective YouTube channels and contains 10 questions. Fair enough.

What do you watch or read during me-time?
Honestly, during me-time I only watch tv shows, that are not too heavy, like Parks and Recreation or The Mentalist, so I can completely relax and even do some multitasking. For books it depends on what is on my tbr-shelf. But I also love to read non-fiction inspirational books. Any book from Malcolm Gladwell would do.
What do you wear during me-time? #nobra
I have this bad BAD habit of forgetting to take off my bra. Or I'm simply too lazy. But mostly I'm wearing sweatpants, an old worn-out tee from my dad and one ugly green fleece cardigan my mom bought me a few months ago.

What are your me-time beauty products?
I rarely do face masks (only after showering, and even then I would stay in the bathroom the whole time until washing it off), so... none? But I do love to paint my nails while watching tv shows though.

Current favorite nail polish?
Spring time means pastel colours so the Luxury Lacquers (Limited Edition Chameleon) in C08 C(h)ome Leon! from Catrice is the one I would go for these days. But I haven't painted my nails for two weeks already, so that's just one I could count on anyway.

What do you eat/drink during me-time?
TEA. It's the only beverage I drink when I'm relaxed. In the evening I go for green tea for detoxing/cleansing my body, but in the morning I just grab whatever is the nearest. Chai Latte is one of my favorites actually, but it takes me too much time to make it, so that's more something I would order in a café.

Current favorite candle?
this is the one I always use, from ipro
I don't use candles. I have anxiety for anything, that's burning for a long period and also the smoke, so that's not an option. But I have an electric fake candle on my nightstand my grandma gave me. I prefer fragrant rods anyway, they keep the room smelling fresh and aren't as penetrant as candles. Also, I don't need to worry about the flame, which is also a plus.

Do you ever have outdoor me-time?
Rarely. I like shopping alone though, so I don't have to wait for anybody and can just worry about myself. But in the summer I like to jog in the morning and occassionally take pictures... does that count?

Would you ever go see a movie alone?
At home? I do all the time. At the cinema? No. And also never did. It's just too awkward, and it's way more fun with someone to talk during the movie about funny scenes.

Favorite online shop?
ASOS. Bookdepository. Amazon. Does Kleiderkreisel count? It's actually something like ebay, where you can buy used or vintage clothing from other users. -I just bought another dress from that site the other day.-

Anything to add? What else do you do during me-time?
Listening to playlists on 8tracks, looking up new artists... also I like to collect inspirational quotes in a little notebook. I've started it on behalf of my 'Be A Happy Person' program/new lifestyle and it really made me a happier person since.


Maybe Amber Elise from Du Livre and Jess from My Reading Dress want to share their me-time rituals too? But if you're interested, feel free to do it anyway, I would love to see your answers :)


Nana

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen