Dienstag, 8. Dezember 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Top Ten New-To-Me (Not So) Favorite Authors I Read For The First Time in 2015

Today is Tuesday and that means....



This Week's Topic
Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read For The First Time in 2015

As usual, it is hosted by the lovely ladies of The Broke and the Bookish.
I haven't done a TTT in a while, so I figured, why not :). I have been very lazy with my reading this year though, therefore I switched the topic up a bit, so that I can also cover some authors I rather dislike this year - just to make it to an actual Top Ten, heh. 
Because of my senior year in school I needed got to know many German classics, even though I hate reading German books. So that explains the great presence of German authors in advance.

1. Franz Kafka
This semesters' main topic in German Literature was the Modern Age, so of course who could represent this literature era better than Kafka? You may know him from the word kafka-esque, that's because of his tendency to write about hopelessness and surrealism in life. I didn't really like the plot in his books, but his writing style was pleasant to read - which is a rarity in German classics (at least for me).

2. Stephanie Perkins
Perkins is already known for her cute and loveable books, but I really didn't pick them up until I got bored in summer break. Her books are a delightful and light alternative to what I usually read.

3. Courtney Milan
She wrote one of the few NA books I actually like - it's not overly filled with sex(ual attraction). Also the POC main lead is also a plus.

4. John Lancester
I wish I could write such a great ensemble cast with enough depth in both story and characters. His way to tie the different characters together is amazing.

5. Julie Kagawa
Smilarly to Perkins her books are an easy read in between exams. But I've heard many great things about her latest "darker" books; I can't wait to see how she handles vampires and dragons - my favorite mythical creatures!

6. Katie M. Stout
She does like to play up the White Savior card doesn't she?

7. Sabaa Tahir
I can't believe An Ember in the Ashes is her first book! It was so so good. 

8. Joseph von Eichendorff
Absolutely hated the Romantic Era, so that didn't made Taugenichts better. Also, the main character is such a Gary Stu.

9. Kevin Kwan
Even his side characters are so loveable. A pity, that Kwan doesn't seem to know what to do with them in the end.

10. Agatha Christie
Ever since I read The Orient Express earlier this year, I made it my goal to read every thriller she has ever written (which is, quite honestly, most of her bibliography). But I wouldn't recommend reading Express in an actual train my paranoia sucks, I know.


What do you think of these authors? 

xoxo Nana



1 Kommentar:

  1. Other thank Agatha Christie, I can't say as I recall reading any of the other authors on your Top Ten Tuesday post this week, so I have some new to me authors to check out for sure.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-new-to-me.html

    AntwortenLöschen